Monday, February 2, 2009

Snow

When I woke up this morning there wasn't any snow, by 7.30 there was a noticeable covering of the white stuff. My two children were confident the school would be shut (it wasn't) But it did make me think, why do they shut all the schools every time a snow flake falls in Glasgow?
Why is it other countries like Norway manage to keep everything running with several feet of snow falling a week, but here two inches brings the whole country to a standstill?
Why do people panic buy here? There's people buying 48 loaves of bread and 26 pints of milk in Tesco, the bloody snow only ever last a few days at best, what do they do with all the bread and milk? There must be hedgehogs the size of brontosaurus after eating all that!
Well I'd better go now, I have just seen a hedgehog footprint the size of a pizza box in the snow outside, and I'm afraid the git may be after my 57 loaves of bread! Wayne

No comments: