Wednesday, March 22, 2023

My head is fried!

 

I'm trying to organise my dear Mums funeral, what a hassle everything is. It took the doctor 5 days to sign the death certificate, and I'm still waiting to get it.  Most things cant be done without it.

I've got my phone ringing more or less constantly, solictors, funeral directors (they dont like being called undertakers) medical examiners, council tax, council, the hospital, insurance the list goes on.

Theres a million people to be notified, telling her friends was my job, I've had to break bad news enough times now to know the script, indeed when I phoned my Mums brother (ex chief super of police) when I started he said "it's ok Wayne I'm home and I know the script, shes gone hasnt she?" it's never easy though.

Today it's the registrar of deaths (spoke to them on phone too) and tomorrow the solictor and funeral director to drop my mums false teeth in, and get will sorted.

No comments: