Thursday, November 3, 2022

Mary Poppins grave and my burn scar.

 

 I know I post some odd titles on this blog, but this one is right up there with the oddest!

 First my burn scar.  Some months back while on a secret missing behind enemy lines I burned my hand, my wrist to be more exact, it left a scar.  The good news is the scar is fading. Now it may show up when I get tanned if the sun ever comes out again, but I'm not that bothered if I'm honest.

 The bad news is the secret mission behind enemy lines was probably in my kitchen (close enough to enemy lines, you haven't see my kitchen) the truth is I dont know how I burnt it if I'm honest, I didn't notice at the time as it was a deep burn, they dont hurt much when you do them as the nerve ending get seared.

Mary Poppins grave.  Ok if I'm totally honest this isn't actually the real Mary Poppins grave.  Thats because the real Mary Poppins isn't dead, she's 87 years old and alive at the time of writing this.  It's just the brolly stuck in the grass made me thing of it (what a warped mind I must have?) and if I remember rightly it's the wrong sort of brolly, I think her's had a round handle but I may be wrong.

 Now for my errrr... famous Dick Van Dyke Mary Poppins film impression " Cor blimey, ello Mary Bobbins it's me Bert the chimney sweep" done like Van Dyke in the worst cockney accent you ever heard, not helped by his voice coach being Irish and he couldn't do it any better than Van Dyke. apparently.  

 Indeed it was so bad it was voted second worst fake accent ever heard in a movie or tv series, first place went to Sean Connery for his accent in the Untouchables.

 


 



No comments: