Sunday, November 6, 2022

Living with the new torches

 

 Well it's beena few weeks since I got the last few torches I've reviewed, so I thought I'd update on how they are going and how I like them.

 First off I'll start with the Nitecore LR12.  Well I've used it properly now and while it works well, it's not my favorite.  First off I find it a pain that theres no memory and you go back to low every time you turn it on, then theres a twist or two to get to the light level you want.  In real world use I find the second mode 60lm (24 hours) enough to safetly move around on rough ground at night, although it's not throwing very far ahead (as the design for the diffuser see review) after an hour or so it wasn't even warm at the head so thats a good plus.

 Lumintop tool AA.  This little beast is the torch out of the three recent one that I've used to most, as it's small and always in my pocket it's hand for those quick look behnd the fridge type jobs.  In real world use mode two with a 14500 batter 85lm (6 hours) is the one I'd probably use for walking at night.  It's bright enough to move in safety and it throws better than the nitecore, quite enough light, the other more powerfull mode are just amazing.

 Lastly the Olight Warrior X3, well the good news is the holster has loosened up a bit and the torch is easier to get in and out, although still not perfect.  The light levels, well low mode 300lm  (8 hours) is a load of light, and the beam design means you can see a long way off as well. Then full is just bonkers, you can see things half a mile ish away, although battery life is only about 2 hours in full power.  The buttons I've got to grips with, as I suspected at the time it's me rather than any fault with the torch.  This torch is in my hand most of the way home incase I need to relight the sun!

No comments: