Thursday, July 22, 2021

More Ford electrial woes!

 

 I've mentioned the joys of Fords electrial systems many times on this blog, and the fact I've never owned a Ford that hasn't had electrial troubles (and we wont go into the door locks of the 1970's and 80's) My current (joke intended) model has been a royal pain in the arse!

 Anyway the last few days my alarm has started going off, it turns out the cause is the bonnet expanding in the heat.  Yes hard to believe!

 For reasons best known to Ford my car has a bonnet alarm, why is anybodys guess, most other models dont have it.  It's not really needed as you need to get inside the car to open the bonnet in the first place.

 Long story short when the bonnet expands it trips the sensor which thinks the bonnet is open and bingo your alarm has gone off.

 Why Ford, just why????

No comments: