Friday, July 16, 2021

Big footsteps, little footsteps and a light!

 

 I've mentioned before my world is weird, last night was no exception!

 I got home fairly late and on getting close to my house I see my sons main bedroom light is on.  No big supprise except he almost never uses it.  He tends to use a table lamp, or desk lights.

 I go in and start opening windows as it's stuffy and hot inside and find out he's not in.  No worries he's just left his light on.

 Down I go to put the kettle on and thats when I hear the screaming outside. Now it's not a person screaming but it's loud and sounds like someone it murdering a dog or cat or something.

 I grab my keys and out I go.  Now the screams and still going on " scream, scream, scream" over and over.  By now half the street is out looking at the dark woods at the end of my street.  (It's claimed it's called the dark woods after a number of hangings there, but I haven't found anyone who actually remembers one.).

 As I get about halfway to the woods the screams stop and I pick up a burly lad from a house I go past, he just tags along and says " I came through there earlier and we heard big footstpes but couldn't see anything" by now we've arrived at the edge of the woods.

 Now I always carry a torch and as I've been out earlier I have a small but really powerfull one in my shirt pocket. I head into the woods and burly lad stops dead at the edge and wont go any further, he's obviously worried about what might be in there.

 I make it about 30 metres and pick up eyeshine behind the trees and bushes (it's quite overgrown in there) moving right to left across in front of me.  Burly lad can also see it from the entrance of the woods and goes up an octave in voice shouting "what is it, what is it" at this point it crosses the path about 20 metres in front of me and I get a good view of a large fox.

 I shout back "it's a fox" and I start looking for whatever foxy was trying to eat (at least thats my best guess at this point)   I cant find anything, but then see another fox or maybe the same one who has doubled back peeping out behind a tree.  Now I wonder was if foxy was trying to scoff some poor animal or was Mr and Mrs foxy having a romantic evening?

 Anyway the mystery seems solved so I head back home to find my son wondering why I turned his beedroom light on?  I point out he must have left it on and he says he didn't, it was light when he left.  So it looks like the poltergeist is up and about again.... That or he forgot he left it on......

No comments: