Thursday, February 21, 2019

Ford electrics Feb 18 update


 Yes the bloody electrics are playing silly sod again. Why always Ford?  Honestly every one I've had has the same issues.
 This time it was a brake light AGAIN (bugger me I'm buying bulbs in party packs now) so as it's the off side it's an easy change.  The near side of course is harder for no good reason other than Ford are twats. 
 After swapping the bulb we check all is good and discover one of my six rear side lights is out. Now why it has six in the first place it a good question. Ask Ford?, every other car I've had just has one each side, not three. But being an estate means I have another 2 on the tailgate each side.
 Amazingly Ford made a huge blunder here, you can get at both side easily, obviously their fuck you about dept was closed the day they designed the tailgate!
On inspection it turn our corrosion is the problem here, the "brass" contact has rusted... so a bit of bent tin then. I cleaned this up and all working again... well it may even make next week before another bulb goes......

No comments: