Saturday, December 23, 2017

Had a titfull of Christmas already!


 Well frankly I've had a titfull of Christmas already, I've been food shopping four bloody times this week, today just to pick up the turkey took the best part of two and a half hours.
 To be fair that wasn't Tescos fault, we didn't actually wait two and a half hours just for the turkey. Oh no, first we went looking for a fresh turkey (note we'd gone over to collect an ordered turkey crown) this turned out to be looking for a chicken, then it turned into looking for tissues, then back to salad stuff.
 Eventually I managed to get my Mum and Shirley to the counter where you now take a number and wait, we were number sixty eight, the number on the telly there said serving number fifteen.
 We waited, then we waited some more, then our turkey crown arrived, WOW that looks big, and for forty eight quid it bloody should be. We walk away to get more shopping, Ahhhh wait a minute, should a turkey crown have legs......   Errrr, hang on, thats not right.
 Back to the counter, take another numbers, wait etc etc, woman on till looks it up, oh yes, it's the wrong one.  Errrr yes we figured that out ourselves.
 Minion sent off to find right turky crown.... wait... wait a bit more... free bottle of wine for the inconvenience.  I did mention I'm more of a Mcallans whisky drinker but that didn't work, still worth a go!
 Eventually a turkey crown arrives, oh joy now we can do more shopping.
 Finally I get home have a salad and the phone rings, I answer (will I never learn) it's my brother having a moan about going to Mums for Christmas dinner, it turns out he's called in while I was on my way home and had a row with my Mum, she's in tears and I'm very pissed off. As usual I have to pick up the pieces and calm it all down.
 Yep roll on Christmas, I've had a guts full already. Next year I'm going to get shitfaced Christmas eve and have a bloody bigmac for dinner.

So MERRY CHRISTMASS ALL!!!  May all your problems be small and all your presents big, oh and if any of you get a Canon 5d mk3 you don't want pass it on to me.

No comments: