Monday, October 27, 2014

Port Talbot family fun day and fireworks 2014


Well Port Talbot and I seem to have a different idea of what a "family fun day" should be.  My idea doesn't consist of a small funfair on a abandoned disused bombsite (who could be so heartless as to abandon a disused bombsite?)  The site floor was covered in loose rocks golf ball and bigger size, bloody dangerous, add in the dozens of loose cables dumped across the floor and you have an insurance claimers wet dream!

The council wouldn't have a leg to stand on, HSE rules clearly state the floor surface must be even and cables should be dug in or overhead, and only then if they have to be on the floor they must be covered by cable protectors( sort of big rubber mat things) 
Factor in the lack of first aid cover (they must be clearly visible to the public and we never saw any) and the site breaks most of the HSE rules on funfairs, and personally I'd be interested to see if the rides had up to date safety tests as well.

Then the fireworks, with the wind blowing hard towards the crowd I expected them to be called off, but no and to be fair it wasn't a bad display, nothing like as good as fireworks displays of my youth but not bad for todays displays.

I took a good few pics of the fireworks but most were spoiled by the mini gale buffeting me about, but here two I've done, the rest will have to wait as I'm currently dying of cat-leg-foot-pox... or a bad cold?  Anyway thats it for now.




No comments: