Monday, September 8, 2014

Cree Q5 300 lm flashlight (update/long term review)

The small Cree Q5 which I reviewed in may has had a bit more time to 'settle in' now.  I'm using the torch with an AA battery instead of the optional 14500 battery, battery life seems supprisingly good, even with a cheap part used battery (been used in my flash gun) I had well over an hour of good bright light, and it was still going strong at the end of my walk down off a rough mountain track.
Ok it's never going to be as bright as a T6, but it does have the advantage of being smaller and using a standard AA battery, 12 for a pound in the pound shop by me, and it's bright enough to find your down off a mountain in the dark, and the battery life is better, you'll get a good few hours easy from a decent AA. As I said I had a few hours from a crap part used one.

No comments: