Thursday, April 17, 2014

Megabus (review)

Megabus, mega-slow, mega-uncomfortable, mega cramped, meg- hot.  I made the mistake of going to London (about 190 miles away) by Megabus, the bus arrived promptly and departed promptly, but thats about the best I can say about it.
 
Yes it's cheap but cattle wouldn't be allowed to travel crammed in like that I'm sure.  Despite the bus being freaking huge, inside the seats are tiny, hobbit size really, theres bugger all legroom, which is actually quite dangerous on long journeys, remember it's all to easy to get blood clots sitting unable to move. 
The seat back in front of me was about 14 inches in front of my face (way too close for comfort) 
And in the event of a serious crash I doubt it would have been easy to get out, theres no proper emergency exits like they used to have, just windows you have to break with little hammers, not so bad you say except for some insane reason the little hammers are.... wait for it... behind bloody glass themselves.  Yes no joke the hammers for you to break the glass are behind glass, and how exactly do we break that glass?  Fucking crazy!

Coming back was worse, by then it had warmed up, quite a nice spring day, but onboard the bus it was sweltering  I'd guess over a 100 degrees F, the sweat was running off me and I was in a tee shirt, god help if you had anything thick on, it's all to easy to get dehydrated in conditions like that.

It's the first and last time I'll travel Megabus, it was really very uncomfortable, and frankly 6 hours for an under 200 mile run is just silly, thats a long time to be wedged up againsts a total stranger with sweat running off you both, unable to move.  There really should be a proper look at how close and small seats are allowed to be.

No comments: