Saturday, June 16, 2012

Prometheus (film review)

Prometheus by Ridley Scott.
A space ship lands on an alien planet looking for the people they think created life on earth, the film is a cracking good Si-Fi romp, with some stunning landscapes and special effects. 

Sadly the characters in the story don't really come across as very nice people, indeed even the female lead isn't really a nice person in the film.

For me there are several plot holes, not major but there are things going on that make no sense to the story, for example why does the robot poison the crew member?  Why the elaborate escape pod? How did the alien get into the escape pod? why is there only one "engineer"  left how did he avoid being killed? 
 For me these were slightly confusing, leaving me with the feeling I was missing bits of the story somewhere.
Waynes rating    7 out of 10    Worth a watch but not worth the £30 it cost me to see it in 3D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice review Wayne. I was entertained, to say the least, but I think I was expecting something so much better after all of the promotion for this flick. Maybe it was too much like Alien.

Waynes world of blog! said...

I have to argree, it was hyped up a lot, still a good watch and I suspect there will be a Prometheus 2 but time will tell.
Thanks for taking the trouble to comment.