Saturday, September 5, 2009

Courious wedding.

I had a strange wedding today.
I was second photographer covering the boys, but they didn't want me at the house, just straight to the church, which is fine with me, one less place to find.
Anyway I get to the church plenty early, and there waiting is the other photographer, who I thought was supposed to be at the brides house? I did try to find out why he hadn't gone there but never did get a sensible answer.
Later on at the wedding while I was shooting with the long lens, he asked me why his camera (different to mine) has 2 settings for the shutter sync speed, I wasn't sure but guessed one was the minimum speed the camera would set with flash in program mode. He then proceeded to experiment by altering it.... now it's not a great plan to experiment actually during the wedding, after all you don't get a second chance. If you do decide to experiment, it really helps if you remember to put the settings back BEFORE the cutting the cake, unlike this guy. Luckily I half anticipated this problem and shot alongside him, just as well as he'd set 1/15 th of a second shutter speed with flash, so a double image sort of, the ambient light being bright enough to give a secondary exposure with the movement.
The final oddity was who ate the best mans desert, I mean who would scoff a blokes strawberry gateau while he was at the bar, I can't say here on a public blog...... but it was jolly tasty!

No comments: