Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Breakfast TV.

I usually watch breakfast TV in the mornings, it's nice to know who I'm supposed to be at war with today. However the choices are giving me some concern.
There's the BBC who have serious presenters (usually dressed like school teachers) trouble is all they do is spout the governments party line, you'll get obesity, global warming, latest health scare and how wonderful the government is doing, even when the countries falling apart.
Then there's ITV, whose presenters tend to favor a little more colour in their dress, and a lot more colour in the fake tans, tango man comes to mind.
Trouble is here, while you'll get a slightly more balanced version of the news, it's inter-cut with crap like "win a car" or a deadly serious news item about 500 dead, will be interrupted with "on a lighter note Eastenders star will be with us later" and the presenters will be beaming about how good life is, well not for the 500 who died it wasn't.
I could watch CNN and find out how bad things are in the USA (and who I'm at war with today) but it doesn't cover much in the UK and as that's where I am unfortunate enough to live that's a bit of a drawback.
About the only other choice is Al Jazeera the Arabic station, they will tell me who I'm at war with, but they will make me wonder why I'm at war with them in the first place.
So it's back to the internet for the news then!!!

No comments: