Sunday, August 9, 2009

The new breed of wedding photographers... don't make me laugh.














There was talk on one of the forums recently of the "new breed" of wedding photographers, blowing away the old "fuddy duddy's" with their innovative styles etc.
Yeah right! I have come across some of these so called new breed recently, two managed to forget to take their cameras to the weddings they were shooting and had to borrow gear there, another of these idiots forgot his flash, and only after shooting half the wedding without it he remembered it was in the back of his car!
If these are examples of the "new breed" you can keep it quite frankly, I'll take the "old breed" any day!
I'm old enough to have been brought up on the old film cameras, not even an exposure meter, I can still "guess" the exposure near as damm it, I tried it today as a matter of fact, looked out the window guessed 125/f11 took the shot... and a nicely exposed digital image. I wonder how many of the new breed could do that.... even if they could remember their cameras!.
Here are a couple of fun shots from a recent wedding, the bridesmaid in the bath was a lovely young lady, and game for a laugh, the flower girl shot wasn't posed, just a grab shot as she played hide and seek, the couple were the best man and chief bridesmaid. Wayne

No comments: