Monday, November 17, 2008

Photoshop CS4 is out now, my first impressions are mixed, I don't like the changed (yet again) interface, it's similar to CS3 but different. I don't like the fact they have removed picture package, the extract filter and pattern maker (why what was the point?) I don't like the fact they seem to be leaning heavily towards 3D, we don't all work for Pixar animation.
I really do like the content aware scaling, (sort of intelligent free transform) this has a lot of potential for photographers. I do like ACR 5.1 (the camera raw plug-in) this has local ajustment brushes and gradients like Lightroom 2.0, I don't like the fact the ACR still has noise reduction added even when the sliders are at zero (why have a zero then if your still reducing noise by default?)
I really don't like the price, especially the fact that here in the UK if your buying the full CS4 suite it's cheaper to fly to New York stay in a hotel and fly back with it and still save around £600! What a RIP OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wayne

No comments: