Thursday, March 28, 2024

Public toilets!

 

I go to a lot of places with public toilets.  No, I'm not hanging about in them for fun, I'm getting older and need the loo more often.

 Sadly I find them less than idea, in a lot of ways!

 No matter where there are they share several "flaws".  Most common is the condition.  Flush not working, stinking dirty and all too often with no toilet paper.

 Now frankly theres no need for this, anywhere that has toilets should at least clean then once a MONTH or so.  Some look like they've never been cleaned.  

 Sadly posh hotels and pubs are often the worst strangly enough, you'd expect a higher standard, after all if they toilets are not cleaned, is the kitchen?

 Another baffling feature especially in toilets at railway and bus stations is tiny toilets, at a place where you could reasonably expect the user to have luggage... yeah, forward thinking!  Some are so small you almost have to stand on the toilet to close the door.  How stupid is that? God help if you have a suitcase.

 I honestly dont understand why a simple thing like a toilet seems to defeat a designer.  I mean how useless a designer do you have to be to not make it big enough to walk into and close the door, without doing  the tango around the bowl?  I'm not a designer and I could do it. 

 So thats my take on public toilets, oh one last thought.  When the pubs come out most public toilets are shuts, at the time a few hundred well "topped" up with liquid people are in the street.  Then they wonder why people are pissing in doorways and bus stops.


No comments: