Thursday, December 14, 2023

Light trails hand held

 Ok the question is can you do light trails without a tripod...  and the answer is yessss-ish.  Taking pics for a fun competition yesterday  (a challenge more than a comp) on the way home in freezing conditions I decided to see if I could get away with hand holding a light trails shot.

 My normal go-to for light trails is ISO 200, 30 seconds, and around F 11.  Well that failed, I just couldnt keep it anything like steady enough for that long.  Second go 10 seconds and aperture ajusted to suit and out of three shots I got this one.  Is it totally movement free, hell no!  is it good enough for the blog?  I think so.  

 Out of three shots ,one passable isn't a bad hit rate hand holding ten seconds, especially for an old git like me.   Canon 7d, Canon 35mm prime lens

 


 



No comments: