Monday, May 9, 2022

Problems and more from the poltergeist

 

 Last night all was not well in Waynesworldblog global headquarters... well my house if you must know.   Having been out all day with just a scone and a gingerbread man for food I was bloody starving when I got home.  A fried slice and an egg helped but by 10.00 I was starving again (I'd had a fair bit of exercise) so I though a toasted cheese sandwich would fill the corner of my tummy left empty! 

 On goes the sandwich toaster, now showing it's age a bit, buttered bread a ton of extra mature cheese and a wipe of the now battered non stick plates with cooking oil and on goes the sarnie (buttered on the outside as ell to help stop it sticking)  While this is cooking I make a cuppa, pop the sarnie out go into the fridge for milk and ... hang on the lights off?  Has the bulb gone?  Could be the fridge is old, and the door seals on the way out too.

 I check the plugs to see if I'd unpluged it for the toaster thingy but no all was good.  Anyway I'll sort it after food, into the living room I go and Oh bugger!  The tellys off and so are the lights.  My living room lights work off the sockets, I normally dont use the celing light, I prefere standard lamps.

Ok, now the penny has dropped the powers tripped out. But as the lights in the kitchen are on the lighting circuit they are still on which is why I didn't notice the power going off.  FFS, now I have to go and play silly buggers with the fuse box which I have a job to reach as it's fastened to the bloody celing inside a box with two gravity closing doors.  Afer a few minutes I cant see anything wrong so I call my son, he can reach the box and resets the power.

 Being serious what a stupid place to mount a fuse box, I know you dont want children playing with them but a normal size person should be able to reach it and see it without standing on a chair and needed three arms..  which sadly God forgot when making me (I also need three hands to open the fire escape window)  I'm not a midgit but I can't really reach it and standing on a chair in the dark strikes me as a bit dangerous.


 Anyway onto the poltergeist. Last week I was taking pictures at a wedding, I use flash diffusers, sort of a sock thing that goes over the flash to soften the light.  Now I took three flashguns and three diffusers to the wedding.  After getting home I find I only have two.  Bugger!  I've lost one somewhere, they do fall off sometimes, but as they are cheap it's not the end of the world.

 Fast forward a week and a bit to yesterdays shoot, now I didn't use flash but I normally carry one in case.  The bag had been emptied and gear swapped around, and I've used a different set of gear twice before yesterday since the wedding the bags been emptied at least three times and I had everything out looking for the missing diffuser.

 So I take out the camera to get at the memory card and I pull the flash the same time to ditch the battries (I dont leave them in) while I'm putting the flash back in the bag I move the diffuser... and the other diffuser... Errrr.  Thats not right???   Yes the missing diffuser was there in a bag I've searched and empitied out several times, and it's white in a black bag, not easy to miss unless your Stevie Wonder..


No comments: