Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Getting fitterbit by bit

 

 Yep! I'm working on my fitness, bad back aside I'm pushing myself back to a decent fitness level.  Ok it's not fun when you hurt like bugger, but hey, somebody has to do it... and come the zombie apocalypse I'll be glad of it.

 Now I will agree the chances of a zombie apocalypse might seem small, but then who thought a pandemic would come?  So best get fit just in case.   Beside I need to get fitter, those bloody cameras dont carry themselves... sadly!

 So far this week I'm over 22 miles of walking (and it's first thing wednesday as I write this) with any luck and fine weather I should get around 40 in miles by the weekend, and some of that is on soft sand so harder. not bad for an old git

 Now some of you are saying wow thats amazing, others are saying thats bugger all, I run 10 miles before breakfast.  Fact is I used to be a lot fitter, our normal training day (4 or 5 times a week) consisted of around 17 miles march/run carring a lot of kit, plus 3 or 4 days a week that was over the Brecon Beacons and Pen-y-fan (the highest point in south Wales, plus it was the norm for some of us to then walk 3 miles each way for a pint and chips in the evening.  I used to run up pen-y-fan with a house on my back.... Oh to be that fit again

No comments: