Saturday, February 8, 2020

Ok more weird stuff happening


 The other day I took my old camera out shooting, although old it's still takes a decent quality pic (the trees and abstracts pics I posted recently)  Anyway it's not got the battery grip on it because I took it off to fit an L bracket to use it on a tripod and it wont fit in the really small bag I use if I'm going "light kit".
 This morning I go to fit the battery grip back on and problems. The Canon battery grips have a slot for the door of the cameras battery compartment, then if the grips dies you have the original camera door to refit (the battery grip has a bit that sticks up into the cameras parrty compartment to make contact)  For some reason the door wont fit in the slot, never had an issue before, and it's not even a tight fit normally.
 WTF is going on! I try a few different ways, but the slot is WAY too small for the bloody battery door. I'm just on the point of giving up and leaving the door loose when the penny drops, wrong fucking battery grip, it's for a smaller version of the camera. This is where I get puzzled, I don't remember taking the grip off the other camera, that lives in a bag of wedding kit, I hardly ever take the grips off either of those two cameras.  Still no biggie, I'll put it back on. Thats when the fun started, the other camera has a bloody grip on it!
 What! What! Where the hells the second grip come from? I don't have another of that model yet, and I wouldn't have bought a spare, why would I, the camera still works without it. So I'd just buy another if the first one clapped out.
 I have no idea whats going on, still Mr poltergeist if you want to supply me some kit theres a Canon 5dSR I fancy, and a new IDSmk3 whan your ready mate.....

No comments: