Friday, September 13, 2019

A deer morning at Margam park


 It started with a morning walk, I spotted a deer in the distance, head peeping through the bushes. Of course I had the wrong bloody lens on, so I grabbed a few shots before dog walkers spooked them.
 After shooting some flower pics and other odds and ends, I went back to where I'd seen the deer, no signs.  So I decided to track them, now a white shirt is crap camouflage, but it was all I had.
 It's been a long time since I had to creep up on things in the wilds, luckly I still have some of the skills. I had to go well into the rougher areas to find them, but it was worth the walk
 I managed to get within about 20 yards or so of the Adult. Now I know I could have got closer, but frankly he's out in the open with no real cover, and I didn't fancy the 200lbs of deer behind those antlers getting pissed off at me.  So I figured that was close enough to get full frame shots. I just sat on a fallen tree and shot away. He didn't seem too bothered.













No comments: