Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Doctor Who costumes...


 Like many people I was a fan of Doctor Who, I'm old enough to remember watching dear old William Hartnell as the doctor in the first ever episode (the unearthly child) and over the years I've seen a lot of the episodes. Now I must admit I didn't watch that many of the few that came after Tom Baker, probably because of my life being busy with other things and I wasn't much taken with Peter Davidison or the few that came after him.
 Now coming back to the costumes, like most people who watched the series we remember the costumes, William Hartnell with his frock coat and check trousers, Jon Pertwee with his frilly shirts, Tom Bakers hat and ans scarf.....  Well yes.  Thing is I'm watching the episodes again now and...  well I'm a lot more observant now, indeed I don't miss much even in real life, and I'm noticing the costumes change much more than I remember.
 Tom Baker for example, yes he wears the frilly shirt but his jackets change a LOT, different colours and styles. Tom Baker scarf varies, theres even a tartan one when he's in Scotland, and the coat and hat vary too.
 So if your a fan and you dress up as the doctor, don't worry quite so much if the coat isn't perfect, the BBC didn't worry too much week to week, why should you.

No comments: