Saturday, April 9, 2011

TV advertising some tips

Here's a few tips for any tv advertisers reading this.
First off don't bother advertising, most people don't just buy any old crap they see advertised on telly, especially in a recession when moneys tight. I mean I see an ad for a Dyson cleaner, do I say "oh my god I must run down the shop at 11.30 at night an buy a new hoover" no, I think do I need another overpriced vacuum cleaner.... Errr no I don't, and there's no shops open if I did want to buy one so why waste your money advertising it.
Secondly if your going to advertise something at least have it available, I mean a certain hotel chain advertises rooms for £29 a night, trouble is nobody can ever find one, out of curiosity I tried 3 major cities including London, the cheapest rooms any of this chain had were £65 a night, so why bother advertising something you don't have, just makes me think the hotel are con merchants so I wouldn't stay there anyway now.
Lastly there's something you advertiser need to know, we use the commercial break on telly to make a cuppa, even if we don't want a cuppa we channel hop just to avoid the adverts, and if we have recorded the program on sky we just fast forward over the ad's.
So your wasting your time and money making adverts.

No comments: