Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Return to Cardiff.

For reasons I won't bore you with I ended up in Cardiff again this week, this time it was after dark and wet. What a nightmare! Why don't they have any signposts for the M4?
I'll explain, you see I came into Cardiff not from my usual M4 that I know, but from a little used side road, this brought me in the backside of Cardiff. And backside is the right name for it as well!
Somehow I ended up in some sort of council estate, not a normal one though, one with all the exits to the real world closed off, leaving only one entrance to the madhouse of a maze.
Rough! I'll say! half the houses had wooden windows (boarded up) there were gangs wandering about. The fact I was passing them 2 or 3 times as I drove around looking for the way out didn't help.
There were even "working girls" standing on the street corners dressed like they do in the films.... well maybe dressed isn't quite the right word, I had the heater on in the car and I was chilly, they must have been bloody freezing. I don't suppose the skirts cost much, after all 3 inches of material isn't that expensive.
I seriously considered stopping and asking one prostitute directions out of the place, but while it was safer than asking the gang members, it occurred to me that...
A: she might think M4 was some sort of sexual service.
B: as she only looked about 13 chances were she hadn't found the way out of the estate either yet so she wouldn't know.
In the end I just drove around untill I eventually managed to escape the place, then after a trip around most of the crap bits of Cardiff (and theres a lot) I hit Cardiff bay and the way to the normal world The M4 and home.
Don't go to Cardiff, not now not ever. Leave it to Dr Who and Torchwood, they are the experts... and come to think of it it's killing them off.

No comments: