Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Smells.


Isn't it funny how the mind works, how we associate certain smells with things.

I was walking down the local shop a few minutes ago to get some munchies and I smelled the Calor gas from somebodies BBQ, instantly it brought back memories of caravan holidays as a child, I can even remember the campsite where we often stayed, and the tree I tried hard to chop down (it was massive I had no chance lol)
Surgical spirit has the same effect, it always reminds me of the old Swansea hospital on St Helens road, long gone now.

Today image a colour one for a change, it's King Arthur's stone in the Gower, the story goes Arthur was walking, got a stone in his shoe, threw it away and Arthur's stone was born.
The truth is a little more boring, it's actually a Cromlech, a neolithic burial chamber, dating back to around 2500 bc.
The big stone on top is supposed to weigh over 25 tons, so best not to play under it without a hardhat.

Wayne

No comments: