Monday, June 22, 2009

Lightships and portraits.


I'll start with the lightship, here's a shot I took on the weekend, it's the Helwick lightship in Swansea marina.

Now the portrait bit, back in March I talked about Portrait pro, and a great bit of software it is too. Trouble is it does have one big failing, you have to set up a sort of simple grid so it knows where the face is, this means it cant deal with two people in a shot.

The good news is now there's a way to do it, Imagenomic portrait, this clever bit of software gives a similar effect but although it doesn't have the face sculpting Portrait pro has it does have the skin softening effects, and the beauty is it works out which bits are skin, so it'll work on a shot with any number of faces. And unlike PP it'll apply the effect to any skin, so if your lucky enough to have your model in a bikini, it's smooth all the skin, not just the face.

When I have time I'll post a before and after comparrison. Wayne

No comments: