Sunday, June 8, 2008




For a change I'm going to post a few "retro" images here, these were taken two years ago, in pretty grim conditions, -10 or so and on and off blizzard, great fun! lol. Actually it was good fun, the snow hole I'm climbing out of really does make a good shelter, the difference inside is amazing, really cosy with a hot cuppa, a real life saver in bad conditions. This was part of a training exercise, but I have had two mates get stuck out and have to use one for real, my mate and I made it back in -20 freezing fog and a total whiteout, the other two in our party were too exhausted to continue back, so we dug them in and left them till a rescue party went out the next day when conditions were better, they were fine, but we were all prepared properly for the conditions and had proper kit. Wayne

No comments: