Sunday, June 13, 2021

Pen y fan sunset

 

 As part of my get fitter campaign I've been doing a lot more walking recently, last night I decided to "do" Pen y fan again.  Pen y fan is the highest peak in South Wales, and has been used by the armed forces for years for training.  So it's a challenge... and you know me... I cant resist a challenge.

 Truth be told I've been up Pen y fan many hundred times (seriously) I've been up in the sun, up it in the snow, at night, even full whiteout conditions... but I haven't done it for years, and I'm an old git now.

 So choosing one of my personal favorite routes the Story arms path then turn off left at the first ridge and follow the ridge around clockwise, it's a longer route but you get views of Brecon and Tommy Jones oblisk (a young lad of 5 who died up there see pics) then up over Corn du and onto Pen y fan.

 I then do a circle by following the path down to the Pont a daff car park and back along the road to the Story arms car park.

 To be fair the walk up wasn't half as bad as I expected given my age and fitness, the path down however was rough as hell and hard work on the knees.

 The pics are a mix of Gropro and SLR camera.












No comments: