Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Text messages


 Text messages are a quick easy way to send a short message to someone.  You know like "Hi Fred I'm down the pub later it's Bills birthday"  That sort of thing. 
 What they ere not good at is having a three hour bloody conversation, fair enough if somebody asks "do you need butter?"  and you reply "yes please, can you grab some milk as well" What drives me barking bloody mad is when you get twenty five fucking text messages one after the other with someones bloody life story thinly disguised as a question about Christmas.
 Why?  Use the phone if you want a chat.
 Yesterday evening I was trying to catch up on stuff in the house and watch a few programs I'd recorded. Did I get to do that?  NO!!! with two phone calls and twenty five text messages I come close to throwing my phone in the bin.  FFS!
 Seriously I had enough, I turned my phone upside down that turns off the sound.... Except it doesn't do it with text message notifications, in the end I had to turn the sound off, and thats a bit of a bugger because it's my mothers lifeline contact which needs to be left on for emergency calls.
 In the end I got so stressed out my son went out of the house to keep out of my way,  probably thinking he'd annoyed me and it was his fault.
 If you want a chat fair enough, but bleep after bloody bleep drove me bonkers. Phone me if you want a conversation like a normal person!


No comments: