Wednesday, July 31, 2013

The Purge (film review)

I saw the purge tonight, so here's my review.

The plot is simple, one night a year, any and all crime is legal, robbery, murder do as you please. 
The story revolves around a wealthy family's fight to stay alive on a night where the world around them goes mad for 12 hours, with intruders in the house they must fight back.

Sadly the film leaves a lot to be desired, with a slow start it takes a while to get into the action.  Then largely filmed in the dark (gloom vision) it's difficult to follow some bits as you simply can't see what happening, the acting was poor, with very unconvincing characters, the baddies were totally over the top for the most part.

To be honest I wanted the family killed by about half way through, by the end I'd have cheerfully done it myself.
Waynes rating   3/10   save the money and see something else.

No comments: