Thursday, March 21, 2013

Updates ???

I'm starting to really HATE bloody updates.  Recently my son turned off a computer during a windoze (yes that's the way I spell it!) update and it killed the computer, I had to re-install windoze and start again, it seems you can't restore to before a service update, bloody stupid if you ask me, especially as they tend to have "issues" with them all the time.

Take Adobe Photoshop, a recent update now requires the users to put in the serial number every time they use the software, ohh Adobes aware of the issues and issued a fix, that didn't work either though, so some people are still struggling to use the software they bought that worked fine till an update.

Then theres Adobe Acrobat.....  So badly made it needs 3 or 4 updates a WEEK! to fix it    My God how bad has it got to be to need that? and even turning the updates feature off doesn't stop the bloody thing bombarding you with messages to "remind" you theres an update available, so many people are getting fed up that theres now loads of websites dedicated to helping them find a replacement.

I had a windoze update today, and it tried to auto shut down my computer to finish updating (I didn't want the update never mind the shut down) not only does it install itself on MY computer, but it's so stupid it can't even tell I'm actually doing something on the PC when it's trying to force a closure How dare windoze take over my paid for properly without my consent of permission, worse theres no option to stop the bastard thing, only shut down later (wich turns out to be about 5 minutes) I had to run a dos command in the end to kill the beggar.

No comments: