Saturday, February 12, 2011

Matrix signs (yet again)

Yes I know I have a bee in my bonnet about these useless bits of crap but it really is time somebody somewhere sorted them out.
I was coming home from the supermarket a few days back and the matrix sign on the motorway was all lit up, trouble was it was in Welsh. Now I'm Welsh but the fact remains that the vast majority of us taffs can neither speak or read Welsh.
Only around 25% of Welsh people can actually speak it, and less than 10% can read and write it and are classed a fluent. That then begs the question why are we putting motorway signs to only cater for 10% of the motorists passing it? I didn't know if the sign was telling me to wear my seat belt or that the motorway was closed and to leave it. Bloody pointless waste of money either way.

No comments: